Monday, March 12, 2012

Jury Out on LINKEDIN!

I don't know about you but I can't make up my mind if I like LINKEDIN or not.  It seems like a good place to check on someone's credentials and such, but I don't see too much use for it unless you need a job.  (Thank God I'm not in that position)

Business owners do like this type of communcation I find out though. My cousin who is a Chiropractor swears by it and endorses it very enthusiastically. I can see that they may be able to get their name out as they join groups, so I can see that it is like free advertising. More recently I've received numerous requests for "Recommendations".  I don't feel comfortable doing this.  I also wouldn't recommend that you give a "Recommendation" for anyone that you may have terminated from your company.  I smell lawsuit there!!


The only time I have given a recommendation was for a former colleauge looking for work back here after he took another job down South. Even then, I still didn't feel real comfortable with this request.

WOW, whatever happen to HeadHunters! Just making their job easier I guess!!

I found this great "How To" video on youtube. Maybe this will help you decide if LINKEDIN is for you? References: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2PxAN-NS3w

No comments:

Post a Comment